Management Team & Advisors
Michael Shleifer, Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer and Founder
- Founder and Managing Partner of SPRIM with 20 year experience in the healthcare sector
- Co-founder of SPRIM Ventures, which formed TKS1 in partnership with Tikehau Capital, a healthcare and life science focused venture fund
- Board member in multiple startups
- Long experience in Pharmaceuticals and Medtech
- Doctorate from Université Rene Descartes Paris V and a Master Political Science from Sciences Po Paris
Mahmood Ahmed, Ph.D.
Chief Scientific Officer & Founder
- Drug Discovery and Development expert, with 14 years of Pharma experience, the majority of which has been spent in the CNS field.
- Established Drug Discovery capability, lead multiple drug discovery projects, developed projects to key milestones, achieving desired outcomes and delivering multiple assets for clinical development.
- Doctorate in Synthetic Chemistry from Imperial College, joined GSK as a Medicinal Chemist, building in depth knowledge of DMPK, disease biology, and pharmacology. Member of R&D site leadership team.
Chief Financial Officer
- Thomas started his career as a financial auditor in Paris and he managed the southeast Asian activities, focusing on large-scale consulting assignments for FMCG industries and retailers.
- In 2018, he became global CFO for SPRIM and its ventures; and managed or participated in several start-up projects in France & Asia, developing strong experience in business planning and modeling.
- He holds an MBA from EDHEC Business School in France.
Frankie Mak, Ph.D.
Head of Medicinal Chemistry
- Over 10 years of Big Pharma (GSK/Novartis) drug discovery and development experience in CNS and oncology
- Leader on multiple drug discovery projects, with expertise and record of contributions across synthetic organic chemistry, hit/head generation and optimization, preclinical candidate nomination and progression
- Doctorate in Synthetic Organic Chemistry from University of Cambridge, with significant exposure to life sciences in Asia
Prof David L. Silver
Scientific Founder and Advisor
- Professor and Deputy Director of the Signature Research Program in Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disorders at Duke-NUS Medical School, SG.
- Research focus on molecular nutrition and role of lipids in brain and eye function and health. Discoverer of the MFSD2A-LPC pathway.
- Doctorate in Genetics from Michigan State University and held faculty positions at Columbia University and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Albert F Hummel
M.B.A – Board Member and Advisor
- He is President for Pentech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Mr. Hummel is also on the board of Anterios, Inc., vWise, Inc. and Gohopscotch, Inc. and Managing Partner at Albrekca LLC. He has 40+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sector.
- He began his career at Merrill Lynch & Co in 1970 as a Member of the investment banking group.