We are a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing novel therapeutics that are engineered to cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) harnessing the discovery of molecular properties of the MFSD2A transporter. Our proprietary platform, which we refer to as mVECTATM, is built upon a deep understanding of the MFSD2A transporter protein and its function at the blood-brain barrier as well as in other key physio-pathological conditions discovered by Dr. David Silver, Professor at Duke-NUS Medical School and Scientific Founder of Travecta. We believe that our small molecule new chemical entities discovered through mVECTATM have significant advantages over existing therapies and allow us to address large patient populations with conditions that were previously hard to treat using existing modalities. We focus on biological pathways that have been clinically validated but where key biological targets have not been drugged or have been inadequately drugged due to the BBB challenge. To date, we have leveraged our mVECTATM platform to design and test novel molecules with high brain penetration focused in the areas of neuropathic pain, neuro-inflammation and neuro-oncology, and continue to apply our platform’s capabilities to additional therapeutic areas.
President & Chief Executive Officer
- Raised over $75 M from venture capital and family offices in three rounds of financing for two companies.
- Successfully protected over $12 billion in revenue in a complex patent litigation and settled numerous cases in another multi billion dollar patent litigation.
- Led various post-merger integrations, including the legal department integration following the $28B merger of Forest Laboratories and Actavis.
- Doctorate in Oral Biology and Pathology from Stony Brook University, Juris Doctor from Western New England University and Bachelor of Arts (Chemistry) from The College of Wooster.
Chief Scientific Officer & Founder
- Drug Discovery and Development expert, with 14 years of Pharma experience, the majority of which has been spent in the CNS field.
- Established Drug Discovery capability, lead multiple drug discovery projects, developed projects to key milestones, achieving desired outcomes and delivering multiple assets for clinical development.
- Doctorate in Synthetic Chemistry from Imperial College, joined GSK as a Medicinal Chemist, building in depth knowledge of DMPK, disease biology, and pharmacology. Member of R&D site leadership team.
Head of Medicinal Chemistry
- Over 10 years of Big Pharma (GSK/Novartis) drug discovery and development experience in CNS and oncology
- Leader on multiple drug discovery projects, with expertise and record of contributions across synthetic organic chemistry, hit/head generation and optimization, preclinical candidate nomination and progression
- Doctorate in Synthetic Organic Chemistry from University of Cambridge, with significant exposure to life sciences in Asia
Scientific Founder and Advisor
- Professor and Deputy Director of the Signature Research Program in Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disorders at Duke-NUS Medical School, SG.
- Research focus on molecular nutrition and role of lipids in brain and eye function and health. Discoverer of the MFSD2A-LPC pathway.
- Doctorate in Genetics from Michigan State University and held faculty positions at Columbia University and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine